Where can I buy the collar for the top of my stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthonynap

Sep 6, 2008
New Jersey
Hi I have a Squire wood burning stove i need to buy the collar for the top of the stove so that I can run 6in round pipe. the collar would have to go from a rectangle to a circle any info would be great

thanks
[email protected]

Would that be a 3.5" x 14" rectangle? If yes, the stove appears to take an 8" pipe. You can still get the transition collar from www.stovepartsunlimited.com . That transition piece is their part 9S31214.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 476
My stove is a 1981, just got new glass cut for it. i hope it's a good stove i'm going to try to heat my house with it this winter. My chimney seems like it is in good shape, and it is terracotta all the way up

I would still opt for the stainless all the way to the top, these older stoves do make quite a bit of creosote, nothing really you can do to stop it. Take it from someone who has had 2 chimney fires before having a professional chimney cleaner come out and show me why. I now have stainless all the way up, and I have bought the insulation for it, just gotta get around to doing that.

Is the fan still working on yours?

yeah but the stainleess liner is just so dam exspensive!! My stove is in really great shape fan works, just need to replace the glass and maybe the fire brick on the bottom, the guy i got the stove from had it in his fireplace with no linner or stove pipe, i'm not that crazy I just figgure that you can use stove pipe on a free standing unit why not in a fireplace.

One issue I have run into with mine is I am replacing all the gaskets in it, I am having one hell of a time finding the same exact window gaskets that came out of it, or should I say fell out of it.

Guessing I am going to have to just use flat gaskets and fold it and clamp it down.

Yeah my gaskets do look like that, The thicker rope gasket that goes around the door frame belive it or not i got at home depot. The one that holds the glass in they have at my local fireplace store.

Status
Not open for further replies.