1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Where does this go?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Ed P, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    stove part.jpg Stove new paint.jpg stove handle.jpg Not sure if this is going to post correctly.... I repainted my stove and when I took it apart I noticed this piece (the little steel piece of spring metal) laying on the floor. I have no idea where it came from. Can anyone tell me where it goes. My other picture is of the door latch. I loosened the set screw, knocked out the pivot pin and pulled the little spring loaded ball out of it holder, cleaned them all up and repainted the handle. When I put the handle back on the ball no longer makes contact with the handle. I didn't move the bracket where the spring loaded ball sits.... Final picture is of my stove with a new paint job!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    maybe a trim panel clip?
  3. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    That's what I thought too... I can't find a spot for it. I don't think it has anything mechanical to do with the stove. I thought maybe it went behid the tile to keep pressure on it so it doesn't vibrate. I guess I'll just hold onto it. Thanks.
  4. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Tuck it away and when you figure out where it goes, you won't remember where you put it;lol Seems to be what happens here... Good luck with the door.
    Eatonpcat, gbreda and Ed P like this.
  5. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Let's see - you found a part, and the door latch doesn't work properly. Maybe, maybe not related :eek:
    smoke show likes this.
  6. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    I have clips like that on my Invincible. They help hold the trim around the glass from falling out. They are spring clips. I would speculate that they help hold the tile in the bracket.
  7. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

My guess is the clip that holds the tile frame. The frame holds the tile and the clip holds the frame.
  8. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

BTW, I am re-painting a Harman P-61 that I made into a P-61a.

What color paint did you use? Did you paint the firebox too?

Did you paint your ash pan?
    See pics
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/time-to-pimp-your-ash-pan-harman-style.109333/#post-1439835

Here are some pics
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/my-first-harman-what-color-is-it.108227/page-2#post-1439585

Have to paint the new hopper extension too!
    See pics
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...sion-for-harman-p-series.109409/#post-1441261
  9. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    the spring clip does indeed go to the tile frmae on the ash pan door...might be a spare, or it wasn't set in correctly after you panited it. the "L" shaped metal piece looks bent a bit downward on your door latch...you can prolly just straighten it out with some pliers.
  10. Ed P

Ed P New Member

Loc:
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Don2222, I painted it with Stove Bright Satin Black. I bought it at the Harman dealer. Inside the firebox I sanded it and sprayed Pam cooking spray. The Damp Rid is there just as an extra.

Delta T.. thanks. I thought it had something to do with the tile or frame on the ash door.
  11. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    no maybe about it, this is a spring clip for attaching trim pieces, i use that exact same clip on trim on my stoves. its made to provide tension to hold trim pieces into place
    Ed P likes this.