Where Is My Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jens

Jun 10, 2020
United States
I ordered a PE Super LE wood stove on August 24 and still have not received it. When I ordered it the dealer said 6-10 weeks, then 8-12 weeks, and now here I sit with no stove. The dealer is of no help, shrugging his shoulders, saying I know as much as he does. I contacted PE by e-mail and the only response I received was that model was in steady production. Every time I look at PE website they have reduced the number of stoves that are available. I really don't know what to do. My only idea that I now have is to cancel the order and go to another dealer and order a Kuma stove. Before I do that I would contact Kuma to see what there production status was. If any of you have a phone # for Pacific Energy would you please let me know what it is. This is getting beyond frustrating.

I waited 3 months for my stove 2 years ago (not a PE) and shortage/shipping problems were nothing like what they are now. Heck, I ordered 2 Lazy Boy chairs and waited 6 months!

With the shortage/shipping situation the way it is, and with more folks going to wood (I assume) with oil, gas, and electricity going through the roof, it doesn't surprise me you are waiting this long, and wouldn't be surprised if you wait even longer. Sorry to say...

Reactions: all night moe
Same here.. When I ordered mine (Hearthstone) they said 8-10 weeks. It ended up being close to two years before it came in. I almost canceled.

• Wow
Reactions: PAbeech
I'd hold out for the PE. I think you'll be glad you did. It's a great, simple stove.

Reactions: raiderfan
I'd buy a cheap stove in the meantime and sell it when the PE shows up. If you got a used one at a fair price you wouldn't even lose any money.

Reactions: VintageGal
Use this time to get far ahead on your wood! The longer it dries, the better it’ll be!

Reactions: raiderfan
I ordered a PE Super LE wood stove on August 24 and still have not received it. When I ordered it the dealer said 6-10 weeks, then 8-12 weeks, and now here I sit with no stove. The dealer is of no help, shrugging his shoulders, saying I know as much as he does. I contacted PE by e-mail and the only response I received was that model was in steady production. Every time I look at PE website they have reduced the number of stoves that are available. I really don't know what to do. My only idea that I now have is to cancel the order and go to another dealer and order a Kuma stove. Before I do that I would contact Kuma to see what there production status was. If any of you have a phone # for Pacific Energy would you please let me know what it is. This is getting beyond frustrating.

Use this time to get far ahead on your wood! The longer it dries, the better it’ll be!
My stove came in on 12/16/22 I still can't quite figure out why it took so long! There was an inspection ticket that went thru the whole stove making sure everything was there. That ticket had a date on it of 10/14/22. The stove came in just in time we had a snowstorm that knocked out power for better than 2 days and we had base board heat so we were without heat for only 1 day. The stove is working great!

we had a snowstorm that knocked out power for better than 2 days and we had base board heat so we were without heat for only 1 day. The stove is working great!
Glad the timing worked out in the end. 🤗
If the stove is "working great," I guess you've got some dry wood. I'd love to hear more details about your heating goals and your wood supply. But you might not get around to that any time soon if you're parked near the stove, being mesmerized by the lazy flames and eventually dozing off in the soothing warmth. 😉

Last edited:
This stove really is amazing! The control of the heat is great. I put 3 pieces of oak in it last night and there were still coals left after 9 hours and I didn't wake up shivering. My last stove was to small and it never could do that so this is pretty exciting. This stove doesn't seem to use the wood that the other one did. I am extremely happy with this stove and I hope it continues!

Glad to hear you got the stove and like it, Jens! I don't know about your area, but we are heading into nighttime teens and daytime 20's this week. I just keep thinking about how much I am saving on home heating oil at $6.22 a gallon and enjoying the wood warmth. The only drawback to our stove is it is a cook stove, so it is difficult to get a good, strong all-night burn. Can be a tad chilly in the morning until I get things fired up. A bit like Little House on the Prairie in the morning, but that's OK.

Glad to hear you got the stove and like it, Jens! I don't know about your area, but we are heading into nighttime teens and daytime 20's this week. I just keep thinking about how much I am saving on home heating oil at $6.22 a gallon and enjoying the wood warmth. The only drawback to our stove is it is a cook stove, so it is difficult to get a good, strong all-night burn. Can be a tad chilly in the morning until I get things fired up. A bit like Little House on the Prairie in the morning, but that's OK.
Yep, I saw in the next couple days at night it was going to be -17 and if I were still heating with the base board heat I could watch the meter spin around like a top!

Reactions: Dan Freeman
A bit like Little House on the Prairie in the morning, but that's OK.
Yeah, could be worse... if you also lived in Walnut Grove, MN! 😏🥶

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dan Freeman