Where they all go??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Lookin good in November..5/half tons.
Lookin sad now in March..
getting close to time to fill er up again. IMG_2263.JPG IMG_2533.JPG IMG_2533.JPG

Last edited:
The next bag I put in a stove will start my last ton for the winter. If the tracking and forecast spreadsheet is right I'll have maybe four bags left over - the closest I've ever cut it. Saw some extra Prestos at Lowes this weekend that were tempting, but their price was 5.58/bag and we are thinking of working on the shed area this summer (expansion) so I don't want to have a lot to move. But man, is this a close one! But can't wait for Spring this year. Sooo sick of snow and ice.

Just picked up another 20 bags - some of what I pre-paid for back in October. Puts me back up to a little over 80 bags (I can only hold 2 tons anyway). Still have 20 bags to pick up before I have used up all my pre-buy. I'm in good shape!

Reactions: Peterfield
image.jpg I was wondering that myself! Started with 5 tons. About 45 bags left now. Cutting it close!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: GT_Sharp
whats the best way of storing pellets at a cottage? if I leave 20 bags inside will the hot and cold affect the pellets. also the pellets that are in a storage bin.

I've snagged an additional 20 bags as I was down to 38 bags about 10 days ago. Hoping for an increasing number of days where I shut the stove off during the day and I think I'll make it.

Where they all go? Aiding global warming along with the 800 million people with barely enough to eat:confused:

Reactions: Ambient
I see you have been saving those limited edition Energex haha

Last edited:
I am down to 12 bags :eek:... I told myself when I had a ton left , I had time to find more.. Guess I should start looking haha. Good thing I have family with extra if needed.

I have a 1/2 ton of Lignetics and 1/4 ton of mixed brands, mostly Stove Chow. By the end of the season, I will have probably only used 3 1/2 to 4 tons.

I see you have been saving those limited edition Energex haha
yeah.have a ton there.. will get 2 more from my dealer this spring then lay low for 2 more tons of low ash from somewhere..
I'm done with the ashy stuff.. Great heat a lot of them and HD prices are low but just tired of the Ash mountains in my stove.. I'll pay 30 bucks more a ton for low ash.
HD had a truckload of Blazers past december but that might no happen again...
Stove dealer here get's 1 order of 200 or more tons of the Goldens and that's it till next year.
Energex only send to you 1x...per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.