WHERE TO BUY A STORAGE TANK FOR THE EKO 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tug hill rook

Hearth Supporter
Mar 14, 2008
northern ny
I am looking for the best deal I can find on a store bought, ready to go, 1000 gallon storage tank, for the EKO 60. I know that a lot of folks build there own, and thats a money saver, but I don't have the where with all to do that. Thanks for your time,THR

insulated, pressurized tanks in that capacity get pretty spendy. most any of the water heater manufacturers offer them. lochinvar comes to mind.

Unpressurized may be an option. Use an external plate HX to keep the boiler water separate from the storage water.

i came across ez-tanks.com. They look to have a tank capabale of higher temperatures than typical HDPE plastic. easy to insulate shape, also.

A new LP tank is another option. pressurized ASME rated, perhaps a couple grand for a new 100 gallon. a lifetime purchace no doubt. a little harder to insulate. i built a 4 inch foam box around mine.

Used lp tanks can be had for around a buck a gallon. getting the smell out can take months :)

hr

I'm looking too> I've found the STSS CO INC an unpressureized tank spec by Tarm but nothing else except pressureized tanks such as a used LP tank. The tarm storage is pricey but can fold up to access your basement area or tight spot. DIY water storage may work if you've the time to build it. sweetheat

Just purchased a new 1000 gal LP tank from a local dealer for $1590 including tax and delivery for my EKO 60 this past week. I had been quoted a price of $1200 for a refurbished tank, but didn't want to deal with the hassle of cleaning it. From what i gather it can be very difficult to get the odor out of a used tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.