Where to buy cat for SC25 / AF25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

profire

Nov 11, 2019
md
Hi there Sirroco 25 & Ashford 25 insert owners,

Need some help.
My cat is failing.
Where do you buy the catalyst for AF25/SC25?

I checked Firecat and Midwest hearth and do not see it.
Cat is 13 1/2 x 2 7/8, metal type.
I think BK sells quite a few of these inserts so I'm surprised I can't easily find one...are they rare?

Drop me some links if you'd be so kind )

Not 100% sure, but I think the metal and ceramic cats can both be used. Most people seem to go with ceramic cats these days, since there's no real advantage to the metal cats.
Not sure about the size on the inserts, though.

Update: Blazeking referred me to Applied Ceramics, contacted Scott. Very helpful guy!
He can supply them to Midwesthearth.
Got Midwest to update listing for free standing BK Sirocco catalyst to advise it does not fit insert model(s).

If anyone is curious attached a diagram.

So thanks to BK & Applied Ceramics 🙂

Note: my Sirocco had a defective cat thermometer which caused it to wildly swing the needle, which was fixed under warranty - it's possible I overfired it in the beginning when the needle was "slam dancing". Regardless, if anyone needs a catalyst for BK insert SC25 / AF25 / BX24 Applied Ceramics can get them to Midwesthearth.com

Gonna try catalyst vinegar solution soak.
Screenshot_20240314_131143_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Reactions: stoveliker