Whether you are Newbie or Old Timer....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swestall

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Connecticut
westallinsurance.com
Hey all,
Here at the Hearth there is information about almost all aspects of wood burning; so it might be somewhat redundant for me to post a link to another wood heat location: but I am.

For those of you who are new to wood burning, this web site has some really good info posted in an easy to read format.

For those of us who have been doing it forever there are some interesting items about wood burning culture, etc.

All brought to us by our Northern neighbors in Canada: one item is about the top down fire we've all been watchin this year.

In any event, take a look at http://www.woodheat.org/index.htm I hope you enjoy the info and for the new woodburners it helps as there is a lot of tips on how to begin getting to know your stove and fire!

Just sending this back up front so the night crowd can take a look.
It has started to get cold here in NW CT; so the fire is up again. 1/2 of a Super Cedar w/2 crumpled pieces of newspaper and four 3 inch splits log cabin like and off she went.
Stay warm tonight, esp those of you in that frigid Mid-West area.

My fiancee is sick as a DOG, so I've got a barn burner rocking in the 13NC right now. I used the modified top down, just for kicks tonight and got into secondary burn door closed territory faster than usual.

Anyway, woodheat has a pile of good information. If nothing else, it's good reading when you think you've reached the end of the internet and need something fresh to look at!

THat's cool- I'mm all for it. Lookin' to install a solar unit for the water heater pretty soon with a solar powered pump to circulate the water, talk about free heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.