Which gassifiers have replacable refractories

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BulldogAcres said:
hartkem said:
I thought I was sold on the EKO 40 but have read a few posts about nozzle erosion and I dont see anywhere about being able to replace the nozzle / upper chamber concrete. I found a post where a member lined the nozzle with firebrick. Seems to me that nozzle erosion could be a potential issue in the future if the part is not replaceable.

I also really like the econoburn 150 but I am having a lot of issues getting over the $8100 price that I was quoted directly from the manufacturer. That is a whopping $2600 more than the EKO. I am also not sure if the upper chamber / nozzle concrete is replaceable on the econoburn. Are there any boilers that this part is replaceable on? Is it not a wear item?

I just got a reply from Orland EKO. The Nozzle is replaceable. Picture attached.

Nice work! I ruled out the econburn because of price. I am going with the EKO 40 and I think I am going to use that additional 3,000 to buy the 490 gallon pressurized storage from new horizons. It is a preinsulated square container that will fit through my 31" doorway. The boiler will be in a garden shed outside and I will have to use a water to air xchanger and thermopex for my insulated line. I assume this is all compatible with a pressurized system, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.