Which meal is the hot sauce for?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
The kid and I went to the local greasy spoon for breakfast. She got pancakes and strawberries, I got biscuits and gravy. The waitress dropped hot sauce at the table with it. Who should be eating the hot sauce? Lol

56410D10-FDB4-4E46-8719-EC388361A78C.jpeg

Not uncommon in Texas.

What's the deal with white gravy? Never seen that before, never seen biscuits and gravy before but I imagine it would taste good.

White gravey- 6,4,2.
6 parts flower 4 parts butter 2 parts sausage grease. Medium heat till bubbly and slightly browned. Add milk in small increments and bring to simmer (for full thickening effect). Add browned sausage back to mixture. Add milk to achieve desired consitancy. Black pepper to your liking

Last edited:
Reactions: ABMax24
B&G was a college staple. With a pound of sausage I could make almost 2 quarts of gravy. What ever frozen biscuits I could get cheap some times I made from scratch.

What's the deal with white gravy? Never seen that before, never seen biscuits and gravy before but I imagine it would taste good.

White gravy is the norm for biscuits and gravy.

Guy I worked with that was from Alabama ate hot sauce on everything...he would have starved to death if he ran out of hot sauce! He claimed that was pretty normal down there...