Which method uses less pellets? - Start on Low or Start on Med Heat to Satisfy T-Stat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

The SantaFe really cranks out heat and is pretty stingy with wood pellets on the T-Stat.

So I was wondering which way uses less wood pellets? Wish there was a usage counter or flow meter built in! LOL

1. Start on Low Heat setting and let it warm the shed up slowly until the T-Stat is satisfied.
Or
2. Start on Medium Heat setting and let it warm the shed up faster until the T-Stat is satisfied.
Or
3. Start on High Heat setting and let it warm the shed up real quick until the T-Stat is satisfied.

Attachments

• DSCN4744.JPG
    DSCN4744.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 125
I like option 3.....
X2 but I think it may use more pellets?

Anyhow, I found a good home for the West Point and I got the Direct Temp venting that pre-heats the OAK air and made a lighted hearth! It will be an awsome setup! Preheating the OAK air will really keep the burn pot ash buildup way down! I will take pics when we set it up.

X2 but I think it may use more pellets?

Anyhow, I found a good home for the West Point and I got the Direct Temp venting that pre-heats the OAK air and made a lighted hearth! It will be an awsome setup! Preheating the OAK air will really keep the burn pot ash buildup way down! I will take pics when we set it up.
I would like to see the pics! I am sure the new owner will be happy with it bow that you worked the bugs out. It heats really well. I cannot wait to get mine going this year. Having the damper to make small adjustments will hopefully allow me to get a better burn. Not that it is bad now. I can go a week with the pellets I have with out touching anything. Glass stays spotless as well. Mostly hoping for a better burn in low....may find out real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.