which Moisture Meter do you recommend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mminor

Sep 11, 2015
Long Island NY
There's many choices when it come to moisture meters. Wanted to ask which ones you guys recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Everyone has their favorite. It's hard to find a really bad one. Get a two-pin type and you'll be fine. This is the one I have now and I like it a lot for it's size and convenience. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZCBOQNY/?tag=hearthamazon-20

One of the most recommended ones here is the General Tool model which is commonly available at HD locally.

They all work on the same basic principal, but some are more physically rugged than others. I broke my first one because I pushed it too hard a few times and the bulkhead fractured. The one I replaced it with above is better that way.

Good on you for asking the question.

Reactions: Lake Girl
This was super helpful - thanks so much for your detailed response Sprinter! Much appreciated!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.