Which pellets to buy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
Agway Hammers $220.00 a ton stored inside, or Summers and Allegheny pellets $199.00 a ton stored outside ? Hammers are a 3 mile round trip, Summers and Allegheny 30 mile round trip. Any suggestions?

My personal choice would be the ones stored inside. It would also depend on the ones stored outside how they are wrapped and protected.

Just MHO.

Being a Big E owner myself, I have had really good luck with the Hamer's. On average I get 3 to 5 degrees more heat from the Hamer's and have noticed the Hamer's work very well on the #2 setting. Not sure how many tons you intend to buy but you could buy both using the others early and late in the heating season. Hamer's are my number one choice, followed by Cubex then it's a toss up!

hamers they are closer and stored inside and you can get them for a great price

Go for the Hamers. Great pellet. Super great price!!!
Ha-Mer...Ha-Mer...Ha-Mer...Ha-Mer!!!!
Plus..they are stored inside. Way big advantage. You can take the best pellets out there, store them outside and end up with something that is on par with NEWP or Inferno. Indoors all the way baby!!!

johnnycomelately said:
Go for the Hamers. Great pellet. Super great price!!!
Ha-Mer...Ha-Mer...Ha-Mer...Ha-Mer!!!!
Plus..they are stored inside. Way big advantage. You can take the best pellets out there, store them outside and end up with something that is on par with NEWP or Inferno. Indoors all the way baby!!!
Hey Johnny don't some manufacturers store outside anyways, so they are outside already before the dealer gets them.

Another Hamer vote. You have used them before and they are closer to you.

If the Summers are actually Somersets? Pretty darn good pellet too and I also liked the Allegheny. But if you haven't tried them go with the sure deal.

j-takeman said:
Another Hamer vote. You have used them before and they are closer to you.

If the Summers are actually Somersets? Pretty darn good pellet too and I also liked the Allegheny. But if you haven't tried them go with the sure deal.
i also thought the somersets were above average pellet .

They are Sommersets pellets. I'm going with the Hammers, if some one would of said that Sommersets or Allegheny's were a lot better , and I mean a lot , I would of given them a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.