Which Stihl ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo cs590
This. I have a 170 that I have cut a lot of wood with, but the 590 has a 5 year warranty and I really like mine. Not as good as the 360 it replaced, but it does what I ask it to. For $400 new it's worth it. I'd trade you even up for that 361 though lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Osagebndr
This. I have a 170 that I have cut a lot of wood with, but the 590 has a 5 year warranty and I really like mine. Not as good as the 360 it replaced, but it does what I ask it to. For $400 new it's worth it. I'd trade you even up for that 361 though lol
So, you're saying the Stihl MS361 is better... but you'd buy the Echo 590?

Yes. I would've bought a 362 if money were no object when my 360 blew up. I was half joking when I said I'd trade even up for his 361, just so I'd have all the same color orange saws lol. I didn't have almost $800 for the 362, and my local dealer ( Penn Holo ) is really sweet on the Echo and recommended it very highly. This is just one not-so-professional guys opinion, I've run both and would prefer the 361 ( or 362) but the funds were short so I went with the 590

hah... I bought all of my saws at Penn Holo, too! Good old Mennonite family, owns some neighboring property.

Not sure if you ever noticed, but that shop is run by a father and his baker's dozen of kids.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Yes, I noticed lol. They are good honest people. When I took the 360 to him and had him check it out ( that's when I found out the new AM cyl was garbage) it would've cost me another $450 to rebuild with OEM. That's when he said "I'd recommend the CS-590 for what it will cost to rebuild this one " I said done and done :) I sold the 360 power head to my buddy that put it together for me the first time for $150 and called it a day. I've purchased 3-4 saws there and plenty of other supplies, but the company I work for buys all their saws, etc from them

I wouldn't get rid of my 361 on a bet. I have heard and seen the 590 in action , it is a very good saw for the money. A 461/660 is in the works just depends in my budget also been looking at a husky 390 xp, same cost as a 461 and more power.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.