Which stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creekheat

Feeling the Heat
Feb 2, 2014
Ny
Construction of our alcove is coming along and will be complete in a couple weeks, heating 2100 sqft of a 3100 sqft home (not the basement) We had settled on the Jotul F55 but now possibly thinking about the F600 because it will take up to a 24" log. We will not use the side door per manual regs.
Anyone have thoughts?

I think loading from the front doors all the time would get real old real fast. I'm not a huge fan of the double doors with that fall away handle. The double doors are the reason I decided against it and chose the Oslo instead.
Could you just pull the stove out of the alcove enough to use the side door? The side door is its best feature, I can't imagine not using it!

I think loading from the front doors all the time would get real old real fast. I'm not a huge fan of the double doors with that fall away handle. The double doors are the reason I decided against it and chose the Oslo instead.
Could you just pull the stove out of the alcove enough to use the side door? The side door is its best feature, I can't imagine not using it!
If you have an alcove install, no side loading, per Jotul.

If you have an alcove install, no side loading, per Jotul.
That's why I asked if it could be pulled out. So it's in front of the alcove.
That would be a more desirable set up anyway. So it looks like its in front of an old fireplace, but the heat comes into the room without the use of a fan.

Would a Quad Isle Royale work within the alcove dimensions? If not, I'd stick with the original plan and go for the F55.

Status
Not open for further replies.