Which will draft better?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Hearth Supporter
Dec 31, 2007
Ok, I'm pretty well decided that I'm going to go with a new class A instead of a liner, roughly same price, but would seem that a straight up installation with the class A would draft better.

So for the class A i'll need 9 ft of pipe and i'll have about 5 feet inside. so that gives me 14' chimney plus height of the stove. So here's my question. Between supervent double wall from lowes and simpson duraplus triple wall which will draft better? Or is there not much of a difference? They are within 50 bucks of each other or so for what i'll need, I really want to make sure my new firelight can breather properly(my draft sucks now or doesn't suck i guess ;-))

I just put in Simpson and it drafts great and is easy to install but I doubt it really matters which kind you have as long as it is the right heigth 2feet above anything within 10 feet of it.

Thanks hedgeburner i'll definitely be above the peak this time,not taking any chances on that, how much of it did you put in?

I only used 12 feet and the Simpson basic install kit made it a breeze!!! It looks great and everything hooked up easy

Status
Not open for further replies.