Which Wood Stove inserts to choose.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontam

Nov 30, 2015
Randolph, MA
Hi all, I have no experience in regards to wood stove inserts. Recently I got some quotes from the installer. Please can anyone help with any advice on which one of these four I should go with:

-Vermont Castings Montpelier
-Napoleon EPI3
-Pacific Energy Neo 1.6
-Regency CI1250

My house is a two floor cape around 1500 square feet, and this insert will be used as supplemental heat source.

Thank you in advance.

Jon

Last edited:
Hi Jon.
Some more info will be necessary before the folks here can really lead you one way or another. The size of the area to be heated, for example. Other bits such as intended use (ambience or supplemental heat or primary source of heat) might also help.
Also, I would suggest putting those listed inserts into the search bar one at a time to get a sense of other people's experiences with them. Perusing the Reviews section of this website for those models will be extremely useful as well.

Lastly, wood. You will be told many times that an adequate supply of seasoned wood will be essential to whatever model and setup you decide to go with.

Good luck with the search!

Status
Not open for further replies.