Q&A Which Woodstove / Insert to buy ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I live in a 150 year old house, all they had was the fireplace. Now that we have alternatives, I want the efficiency experienced with the wood burning airtight I had in a previous residence. The only dealer I found in the yellow pages had only Pacific. I need comparisons in quality & price before making a purchase...this is not the kind of thing I intend to change like wall paint, this is to last without regrets!

Hope you can point me in the right direction, I've learned more from this hour on the net than from the past four months searching.

I need dealers/installation people in the Havelock, Quebec, Canada region (just south of Montreal near the US border.

Answer:

The good news (and this is not BS) is that most ALL of the current woodstoves out there are pretty decent....they all have to meet the new clean air standards. So you should use price, features and looks...and also the reputation and attitude of the dealer and manufacturer as your guide

Status
Not open for further replies.