WhifField optima 3 to many pellets on low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Drooby

Jan 18, 2019
Nebraska
Hello everyone. New to the forum. Of course I am posting bc I have an issue am looking for some help. I have a Whitfield Optima 3 insert and for some reason recently on my lowest heat setting my auger dumps pellets almost constantly. For sure it is dropping pellets every 1-2 seconds which creates a large lazy flame. Right after I change the setting to the middle flame setting u can see a flame color and height change. It almost as if the actual auger feeds do not match the settings. I have changed the calibration settings some but does not seem to change anything. I’m I down to a control board as I suspect? I did put a new door gasket on this year but it was working fine for a couple weeks before this problem started. I did give it a good cleaning so I do not think that is an issue. The flame does change which adjusting the flute so I assume the exhaust fan is working as it should. I don’t understand why there would be an almost immediate change when switching from the low to middle setting? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank u