White Flame Inc Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinger

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2011
SW CO
www.gregdinger.com
I searched but no dice. I found these today at a local nursery. The owner said he is on his fourth truckload for this mild winter. I'm thinking this is his first winter selling pellets, but cant be sure as this IS my first winter burning them here.

http://www.whiteflameinc.com/

I bought five bags and the first one is in the hopper. Supposedly a hardwood pellet, which is the first one I have found around here.

I have been burning Rocky Mountain Pellets and I really like them. 100% softwood, beetle kill wood, no sawmill waste. I have another beetle kill product but it didnt seem anywhere near as hot, and much more ash and dirty glass. Not sure what the species was on that one. Ill save the remaining nine bags of that one for spring/fall.

Any opinions on the White Flame Pellets?

I've got to say I'm quite impressed. These have the least ash and cleanest glass of any of the four pellets Ive burned so far, also very hot. I ran all night on medium with the lightest feed setting and maintained 72, where others have dropped to 70ish, we also got a little colder last night then we've been at 18f. I paid about $.20 more per bag than my favorite pellet so far, which was the Rocky Mountains, but that is nothing if their hotter. Also, very few fines compared to any of the three softwoods.

I think my next ton will be these. Maybe save the RM's for the shoulders and stick with two brands of fuel.

Other pellets burned so far this winter in order of preference, which also mirrors the price highest to lowest.

Rocky Mountain Pellet
New Earth Pellet
Heatr's (Forest Energy, Showlow AZ, not the other one)

Status
Not open for further replies.