White Flash and then dead stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

artgranny

Dec 30, 2023
Mannington, WV
I am a 73-year-old lady in the boonies of West Virginia. My pellet stoves about 43 years old has new combustion stove, new auger, new circuit board, new sensors, and new circulation fan. Stove was burning merrily this morning all of a sudden I saw a white flash through the vents and the stove went dead. Found the fuse thanks to an earlier post but does anybody have any ideas what could have caused the flash to start with. I looked in the back on both sides and could find no blackened wires could smell no wire burning smell. Would appreciate any help because will probably have to find the problem myself

The Make and Model of stove would help
Welcome to the Forum

If the fuse is blown then you have a short circuit somewhere in your wiring harness
Check all the wiring and circuit board for burns, broken wires or bare wires that
may have come in contact with the stove body

I'm small enough that I can get back there in the back of the stove and the only thing I could find that hadn't been there before is a bunch of black litter that looks like little tiny pieces of coal. The only thing that looks scorched is around the cap to the stove pipe. I know that doesn't make sense cuz if there was a white Flash there had to be an electrical problem.