1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

White Moose photos

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Firewoodguy.com, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firewoodguy.com

Firewoodguy.com New Member

Loc:
    Londonderry, NH

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    A friend of ours from NH emailed us half a doz. pics of this moose... Quite a site for sure.. Funny how the other moose accepted it.. Must be color blind?

Ray
  3. BotetourtSteve

BotetourtSteve Member

Loc:
    Western Virginia
    That is awesome!

We see albino whitetail deer occasionally here in VA, and mixed brown/white deer we call pie patches or piebald deer (don't know why). Supposedly a "pure" albino has a pink nose and blue eyes - can't tell for sure but it looks like the nose on the moose fits that category. As I understand it, I think most species have an albino strain - I have seen squirrels, wild turkeys and domestic cattle, buffalo and goats that were albino too. They are usually right in the middle of their "normal" colored brethren. I think it is just us humans that tend to discriminate based on color... :sick:

Really enjoyed seeing moose on my 2 extended trips to Maine. They are cool creatures, but do not seem to possess a lot of smarts about them. I am a hunter, but would absolutely not hunt moose based on what I saw of them, but not passing judgement on anyone else, just saying I would not hunt them as they seemed a bit "slow" to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.