White Trash Wood Shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutter

Hearth Supporter
Feb 20, 2009
Tecumseh Kansas
I needed another place to cover some wood piles. So from concept/design to completion it took all of 60 min. It looks like hell but it will work for now. I had five 20' sticks of 1/2" rebar. I just stuck four of them in the ground (both ends) and took the fith for a ridge board. Then two shorter sticks for some bracing. The cover is a lumber wrapper wired on. I was concerned about wind. But it blew like a son of a gun this last week and it held up. So I guess I will haul out a big blue tarp and put it on instead of the wrapper. It gives me just about 6'-4" head room inside.Nine feet wide and about twenty feet long. I have no neighbors to look at it so This will due for extra wood.

th_dogs007.jpg

Yep, thats almost dunebilly worthy engineering there.

Hopefully that is not the best he can do as I think mother nature is going to give him a high winds dynamics lesson. What's with the pole barn in the background?.. the neighbors?...

guess ya dont get much snow in them parts, i reckin?

Something to throw at ya. That tarp wont last long. Call a roofing company and ask if they are tearing off any rubber roofs. I did that and got about 3 truck loads of perfectly good rubber. It's last for many years and wont flap in the wind. I use it to cover the top of my wood.

I think an old bathtub and a greasy transmission on the lawn will complete the look! LOL :lol:

I have a transmission sitting on my living room floor...

My wife is not amused...

I need a bigger garage!

rathmir said:
I have a transmission sitting on my living room floor...

My wife is not amused...

I need a bigger garage!

and she hasn't actually left yet?

she's a keeper!

My ex left me for merely having transmissions "under surgery" in the cellar and barn!

[and I have not looked back in regret]

I have two rolls of rubber roofing in the shop. I just can't seem to be willing use it because I will need it someday on someones roof. Too many dollars worth of material. I replaced the lumber wrapper with a blue tarp last week. Besides rolls are only 10' wide and it takes 18' X 24' to cover it all seamlessly.

Just built a tarp shed yesterday for the shop wood pile. The snow
gets very deep here and just covering with a tarp makes a igloo shaped
pile..that you have to dig down to get out the wood.
The shed is made of 3 cattle panels of 4'x16' I bowed, then fence stapled them
between two 6" x 12' logs. Fir sapling ribs were lashed with bale twine inside each end and at
where the panels join. Bale twine and staples hold down the tarp. About
$100 for the panels and tarp. I used the heavy silver hay tarp and it will
last for quite a few years. This one will hold 4+ cord easy.

White Trash? ---- MM

Attachments

• tarpshed.jpg
    tarpshed.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 539
Status
Not open for further replies.