whitfield 368 pro 30 glass very dirty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisswaim

Feb 13, 2009
west virginia
i think my glass is getting too dirty too quick. It comes clean very easy but is almost black within a couple of hours so bad that you cant see the flame thru the glass. The damper is about a half of an inch out and it is burning on low heat and low fan. I am using about a bag and a half a day. I am really happy with the stove other than this problem. I am hesitant on calling the installers because there was 2 guys doing the install and both had extremely different ideas on how to run it. Thanks, Denny

pull that damper out 1/2-3/4

should be fine after, i get about 12hrs of clean glass till its 1/2 gone w/3/4 open

i tried this and the glass is still getting very dirty. i dont think this stove heats as well as the salesman told me it would either. i am not real impressed at this point. is it something i am doing wrong maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.