Whitfield Advantage II-1988-insert-serial 14817

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Finn70

Jan 6, 2022
Victoria BC Canada
Hi-New to forum-cleaned everything except blowers-cant do that right now--seems to burn well-changed to better fuel -but not putting out much heat-got a manual and it shows o ring around the burner pipe-mine is gone-would this b the problem?? seems that they dont make them anymore-wondering if i could make one with the same stuff that seals the door?this is the part=thanks for any help-we are having very cold weather hear-6-16C
61057206 Gasket, Donut Burnpot (1/4" x 2 1/2") - 12 per pkg

ring gasket-is what i am asking about-thanks

whitfield expanded.jpg

It must be the pipe that supplies air to the burn pot. My local stove shop sold me a piece of rope packing that had adhesive on one side. I wrapped it around the pipe where it goes into the stove under the burn pot, where the pellets burn. The adhesive has held up well.

It must be the pipe that supplies air to the burn pot. My local stove shop sold me a piece of rope packing that had adhesive on one side. I wrapped it around the pipe where it goes into the stove under the burn pot, where the pellets burn. The adhesive has held up well.
yes thats it-I will ask at my stove place-not sure what part of the pipe it goes on-do u think this would be the heat output problem?

I have two Whitfield stoves, one has the gasket, the other doesn't. I don't see a real big difference between the fires in the burn pots.

I have two Whitfield stoves, one has the gasket, the other doesn't. I don't see a real big difference between the fires in the burn pots.
thanku for your info-so wonder why the output of heat on mine is low-shouldnt b able to touch front of machine after being on for couple hrs..troubleshooting