Whitfield Advantage II-T turns off after click

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cshiflett

Jan 31, 2024
Rocklin
Hi everyone, I have a Whitfield Advantage II-T stove which was working perfectly until recently.

The issue I’m encountering is the stove will turn on for ~20 seconds and then the relay will click turning it off.

After that, if I hold the start switch the stove works but the relay never clicks. Once I release the switch it turns off.
When it’s on everything looks like it works, the auger, the fan, not sure what else is worth checking.

I’m not sure what the problem is but I’m pretty comfortable with a soldering iron and electronic parts. I’m wondering if it’s the relay or the switch and I could just put some new ones on instead of buying a whole new control board.

Anyone experienced this or know where I should start?

Thanks for your help.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg