Whitfield Advantage II Ultra grate conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Hearth Supporter
Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
What's the story on the ultra grate conversion for the early Whitfield Advantage II's. I've the regualar steel burn cup that's got all the little holes in it and it's going away on me pretty quickly. It's cracking around the holes and is warping around the outer side walls. Is the Ultra gate a factory change or aftermarket gimmick? Should I try and get the Ultra grate or stick with a original style? Are they made of stainless steel? If I need the conversion what's the best source cost wise? bjr23

bjr23 said:
What's the story on the ultra grate conversion for the early Whitfield Advantage II's. I've the regualar steel burn cup that's got all the little holes in it and it's going away on me pretty quickly. It's cracking around the holes and is warping around the outer side walls. Is the Ultra gate a factory change or aftermarket gimmick? Should I try and get the Ultra grate or stick with a original style? Are they made of stainless steel? If I need the conversion what's the best source cost wise? bjr23

if you stove is not one of the early 89 90 models it will make a big difference.
It will fix
Leak in ash pan. Dont matter anymore because it sucks air from the ash pan
tube in but not no sealing. Dont mater you dont use the tube anymore.
Larger grate holes so more ash will fall right into the ash pan and less clicker build up

Just be sure if your stove has the (2) slider plates on the left and right corners to open under the base that let the ash behind the fire brick fall down into the ash pan
MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLOSED OR YOUR STOVE WILL NOT BURN VERY GOOD>

old_whit_pot.jpg

altra_kit2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.