Whitfield Blower Fan slows with auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Josh

Jan 8, 2013
I just replaced my auger motor, end plate, and removed the CSR in my Whitfield Adantage II-T. I'm impressed with the new motor, but I'm still having one problem (that was happening previous to the repair).

Sometimes (no pattern obvious) when the auger runs, the blower fan slows and rattles. I've cleaned and oiled the fan, and it turns freely. There is a little end play, but not much. I've bypassed the control board and am running the fan straight to an outlet, and no problem. It seems to me that the auger is drawing enough current to slow the fan.

Is this a control board issue? If so, sounds like it's time for a gas insert.

Any other thoughts on this issue?

Thanks!

It does have the old style bus, and it's not exactly new and shiny anymore. I'll give it all a good clean and see if that helps.
Thanks!

It sounds like you have a high resistance some where in the power wiring. Probably a tarnished quick connect. The resistance causes a Voltage drop when current is drawn. When the auger is working the Voltage drops and the blower motor is starved for power.

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.