Whitfield Prodigy Blower Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Neelands

Apr 2, 2016
Western Washington
I picked up a prodigy 2 on the cheap. It is my second, the first seeing many years of service with only the usual problems.

I went through the new-to-me stove and cleaned, lubed, sealed etc. It burns perfectly and I have the auger timing set nicely for the brand of pellet I have via the tiny pot behind the little chrome button on the control board.

Problem is the convection blower never changes speed. It seems to be on high and the other tiny pot has no effect at any setting. I want to avoid buying a new control board (duh) and would be willing to wire in a triac fan speed control but I don't even know which wires to tap. There is the one that goes through the door switch and the bundle from the control board.

Any advice would be appreciated. As I have said, it operates well, I am just interested in quieting it down when full tilt boogie is not required.

Thanks,
Dan

I see Snowy in another neighborhood pretty much everyday, but not always here. Stovensen may be another source in addition, for a manual / schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.