1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Whitfield Profile 20 ignitor installation

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by sdscott, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdscott

sdscott New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    I have a Whitfiled Profile 20 Pellet stove. The ignitor is not heating up, and I believe that it has gone out. We have had this stove for about 6 years, and have not yet had to replace the ignitor in it. We were told they had a life span of about 2-3 years.

MY question is, how hard is it to replace the ignitor, and is there and instruction manual available somewhere that would show me how to perform this replacement.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to give me!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. oregonrider

oregonrider Member

Loc:
    upper mckenzie river valley, oregon
    6 years! Wow! I just replaced mine for the second time at a little less than 4 years of use. You have to reach in with a long pair of dyke's and clip the wires. Then use a combination open end box end wrench. put the open end straight on so you can put a screwdriver thru the box and turn it out. roben.
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I always removed the convection fan on the 20. It's the only way I could keep my sanity while replacing those ignitors.
  4. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    UNPLUG THE STOVE FIRST

but there as been some 20's with messed up threads.
    So take it easy.

I once worked 4 hours Getting and old ignitor out and then having to Re tap the Hole
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.