Whitfield Profile 30 Insert Door Gasket size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GreggJ22

Dec 14, 2019
Warwick,RI
I have a Whitfield P30 insert that needed a new door gasket. Tough to find the proper width gasket. Found a site listing a kit for 1 inch wide 7 feet long. Installed it and the door does not close. About an inch gap with latch pushed all the way in. What is the proper size? Is 1 inch too big? Had a lazy flame and the damper was not changing the sooty flame. Thoughts?

I had this same stove before I got my Harman Accentra insert a few years ago. I know I replaced the door gasket on it at one point but can’t recall the size. I think it was 3/4”, but try searching it on EBay.
I was never happy with the seal of the door and the way the glass sooted immediately after cleaning it. The big angled 3 panel door provides a great view of the flame, but I always thought that contributed to the poor seal. And I was concerned about the hinge pins that the door hung on because they seemed to be wearing over time.

Reactions: GreggJ22