Whitfield Profile 30 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem

Hearth Supporter
Dec 12, 2009
Western MD
I have tried about everything I can think of to fix my Profile 30 insert. It ignites fine, holds a very weak flame, eventually fizzles out, and goes into fault mode. Glass gets sooted up. I burn Lignetics which is usually excellent but wondering if I got a bad batch.

Here is what I have tried so far:
1) Cleaned stove thoroughly and exhaust.
2) Cleaned out hopper and made sure auger was moving freely.
3) Replaced photo eye.
4) Checked damper setting.
5) Increased calibration on pellet feed rate.
6) Made sure auger motor was feeding pellets at a consistent rate.
7) Checked to make sure high pressure tap switch at exhaust was working properly.
8) Checked seal around door.

It seems like the stove is not getting enough air to produce and hold a strong flame. I also just ordered a high temp snap switch in case it is causing the stove to fault.

Any other ideas before I turn it over to a repairman? Closest one is an hour away.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.