1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Whitfield Profile Stove users -- Pellet survey

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mrmichaeljmoore, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrmichaeljmoore

mrmichaeljmoore Member

Loc:
    CT
    I have a Whitfield Profile 20 stove......have only used Dry Creek Pellets for the last 5 years (as recommended by the store where the stove was purchased).
    They seem to be fine, but like I said, I have nothing else to compare it to.

Dry Creek at my retailer right now are $265/ton. So I was hoping to find a little cheaper alternative, if possible.

Since there is much discussion on the boards lately about pellet prices rising, I wanted to see what other brands of pellets Whitfield Profile stove users have used.

So, what pellets have you had success with in your Whitfield Profile? Which ones not so good?? Do people prefer hardwood or softwood for their Whitfield Profiles?

There is also a lot of discussion about the New England Wood pellets at http://newenglandpelletllc.com/index.asp. Has anyone used their pellets in a Whitfield Profile stove?

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mrmichaeljmoore

mrmichaeljmoore Member

Loc:
    CT
    bump

anyone??
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I don't think you'll get them on the East Coast but Heartland wood pellets from Pope and Talbot burn great in the Profile series. They're softwood (ponderosa pine).
  4. mrmichaeljmoore

mrmichaeljmoore Member

Loc:
    CT
    Thanks for the reply, Shane....

I'll try to find them.

I was hoping other Whitifield users would chime in....with the price of pellets (and everything else for that matter) going up, i've been trying to find the best deal this year.

thanks again.
  5. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    I also have a whitfield profile 20 in my basement and burned "PA Pellets" and have NO problems with them. My breckwell in the main living area also burned PA Pellets with no issues.
  6. ADSchultz

ADSchultz New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    Pennington Oak pellets work very well in my Profile 30. I just purchased two tons, in 40 pound bags, and paid $590.00 including tax. I had to load them.
  7. Mr Whitfield

Mr Whitfield Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Cailfornia
    Bazer Pellet from Home Depot, They burn great. 249. for a Ton, 5.08 per bag. I use these in all my stoves....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.