Who has heated with a Jotul Firelight CB for more than 5 years?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter

Hearth Supporter
Aug 9, 2007
Boulder County, CO
After 9 full seasons, I'm thinking of replacing the secondary-air heating chambers (and the air-tubes, if needed) which were bent out of position by the (gradual) warping of the top baffle. Though it took a little learning when new, we love the stove. I think it's been a great stove and I am hoping to get 10 more years out of it.

How's your Fire Light done?...

Dexter

We bought our Firelight (cat) in '97. It has been nothing short of spectacular. Maybe we got lucky, but we've had no warping issues after 12 seasons of 24/7 burning. We've had no issues at all with the stove, come to think of it. I replaced the top loader door gasket last year - that's about it. I'm going to replace the cat (for the 1st time) for the upcoming season. We love the toploading, the large firebox capacity, long burn time and the ability to precisely control the burn rate that the stove gives us. As it's located on a slightly raised hearth, we do not use the pedal to open the toploader - instead we open it with the wooden handle. We have the green enamel finish and there's not a single crack, chip or flake after all these years. Can you tell that we're happy with it? So pleased we purchased an Oslo for our 2nd installation...

dznam said:
We bought our Firelight (cat) in '97. It has been nothing short of spectacular. Maybe we got lucky, but we've had no warping issues after 12 seasons of 24/7 burning. We've had no issues at all with the stove, come to think of it. I replaced the top loader door gasket last year - that's about it. I'm going to replace the cat (for the 1st time) for the upcoming season. We love the toploading, the large firebox capacity, long burn time and the ability to precisely control the burn rate that the stove gives us. As it's located on a slightly raised hearth, we do not use the pedal to open the toploader - instead we open it with the wooden handle. We have the green enamel finish and there's not a single crack, chip or flake after all these years. Can you tell that we're happy with it? So pleased we purchased an Oslo for our 2nd installation...

X2

We love our F600 cat !!!

Actually, I'm trying to find users of the Non Catalytic FireLight to compare notes with. Glad your Cat versions work well. I can get great heat and very long burns from my non-cat too. Jotul has, over the years, modified the Top baffle owing to warpage of the original cast iron "rest over tubes" baffles. I'm wondering how the rest of the stove has worked out for others.

regards,

Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.