Who keeps the dirtiest glass??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that to wipe sweat off my face when I scrub the glass clean with razor blades and scotchbrite pads?

Here's your prize.

ptholders01.jpg

pen

No real need for paper, the blade really does a great job. I was turned on to the blade method from members here.

Anyone have me beat?
The glass on the Regency in the house stays very clean, so no way I can beat you with that one, but I have an old smoke dragon Lopi out in the shop. I try to get a fire in there every few days even if I'm not working out there, I mostly just try to keep it from freezing in the shop. One day I may replace that stove with a modern cat stove or at least a re-burner, but for now it's all I got, and to get any burn duration out of that stove I have to choke it right back, and when I do it sure lives up to it's smoke dragon reputation.
I may not beat you, but I think I at least tie. ;)
gallery_3859_316_50525.jpg

gallery_3859_316_27516.jpg

Ours stays very clean as long as the door is tight if it loosens a little black glass all the way. Its a good way to know when to adjust ours.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.