1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Who keeps the dirtiest glass??

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by maverick06, Jan 4, 2013.

1. nate379

nate379 Guest

Is that to wipe sweat off my face when I scrub the glass clean with razor blades and scotchbrite pads?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    No real need for paper, the blade really does a great job. I was turned on to the blade method from members here.
  3. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    Nice looking unit there FPX Dude.
  4. Lumber-Jack

Lumber-Jack Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful British Columbia
    The glass on the Regency in the house stays very clean, so no way I can beat you with that one, but I have an old smoke dragon Lopi out in the shop. I try to get a fire in there every few days even if I'm not working out there, I mostly just try to keep it from freezing in the shop. One day I may replace that stove with a modern cat stove or at least a re-burner, but for now it's all I got, and to get any burn duration out of that stove I have to choke it right back, and when I do it sure lives up to it's smoke dragon reputation.
    I may not beat you, but I think I at least tie. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Ours stays very clean as long as the door is tight if it loosens a little black glass all the way. Its a good way to know when to adjust ours.

Pete