Who makes and sells the .007" flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugehuggo

Hearth Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
I have pretty much settled the Lopi Freedom and now need to get the liner figured out. I have read some about the different liners and given that I have a straight shot and only about 13 feet, I would like to get the strongest available.

Any leads on brands and sellers?

I have a wide damper with a six inch opening. My plan is to have the bottom 2 feet ovalized at 5.5 in. and then buy a collar with a hose clamp style clamp fastener to attach the liner to the insert.

Am I missing anyting?

Thank you

Liners 101
304 SS is fine to use with i most wood stoves

316 SS alloy adds molybdenum to the 304 Vastly improves corrosion resistance

321 SS alloy adds Titanium which further increases corrosian resistance at higher temps

Home Saver Pro is .06 316 TI ss

Venttinox VHF HiFlexx 321 Aloy .06

Ventinox VFT >06n 316 Ti

What is the main reason for an alloy versus SS liner? Is it corrosion resistance, durability or both? Is it really called for to spend the extra bux?

hugehuggo said:
I have pretty much settled the Lopi Freedom and now need to get the liner figured out. I have read some about the different liners and given that I have a straight shot and only about 13 feet, I would like to get the strongest available.

Any leads on brands and sellers?

I have a wide damper with a six inch opening. My plan is to have the bottom 2 feet ovalized at 5.5 in. and then buy a collar with a hose clamp style clamp fastener to attach the liner to the insert.

Am I missing anyting?

Thank you

Why do you want to go with that thick of a liner... I can tell you a .005 will do you just as well as a .007 or .006... As a manufacturer of flex I always prefer 316ti over anything else... it also has a bit more titanium then 321

Status
Not open for further replies.