Who Said it's Shoulder Season ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
www_godzilla said:
Well its going to be raining like hell with temperatures in the mid to upper 30's tonight.
Then it's going to be 13 degrees tomorrow night.
They are predicting 3 plus inches of rain here in Portland. With the temperature going down in the low teens tomorrow night we azre talking some wicked slippery conditions after.
Northern maine is supposed to get up to 3 feet of snow tonight and tomorrow.

I always knew there was a reason I liked not having to get up and go anywhere on any given day. Slick conditions are bad enough on foot.

ETA: I hope the storm drains are open in Portland otherwise it's going to be a mess considering how they do snow removal.

ok. i'm trying to figure out exactly what "shoulders" are. it seems like they are the lesser quality/cooler burning pellets. and shoulder season being the time when it becomes "warm" enough to use them.

but why are they called shoulders?
I MUST KNOW! lol.

St_Earl said:
ok. i'm trying to figure out exactly what "shoulders" are. it seems like they are the lesser quality/cooler burning pellets. and shoulder season being the time when it becomes "warm" enough to use them.

I MUST KNOW! lol.

Well shoulders is upon what you place the bags of pellets, the more bags of pellets you use during a day determines how many shoulders you need.

I've also heard that shoulders are the times both before and after the time you need many shoulders to carry the bags of pellets into the stove room.

Then there is the definitions that says that shoulder pellets are not for burning when it is butt freezing, hand numbing, hot buttered rum time, because they are kinda out of spec or otherwise not top quality.

St_Earl said:

I MUST KNOW! lol.

There are several threads with chatter on "shoulder season". This was just one I found.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71773/

BrotherBart said:
Shoulder seasons is a term used for a long time in the travel industry. Business picks up in Spring, peaks in Summer and starts back down in the Fall. AKA Shoulder period.

What I got was you need a sweater or jacket in the morning/evening, But would wear it on your shoulders during the day. Personnally I wrap the jacket around my waist. :)

j-takeman said:
St_Earl said:

I MUST KNOW! lol.

There are several threads with chatter on "shoulder season". This was just one I found.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71773/

BrotherBart said:
Shoulder seasons is a term used for a long time in the travel industry. Business picks up in Spring, peaks in Summer and starts back down in the Fall. AKA Shoulder period.

What I got was you need a sweater or jacket in the morning/evening, But would wear it on your shoulders during the day. Personnally I wrap the jacket around my waist. :)

just as long as you don't tie the arms around your neck country club style. :)

My thermostat does not know what "shoulder season" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.