Whoo hoo, Whoo hoo I'm Burnin'!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepdog

Jun 9, 2008
York, Maine
Right then, It's only going to be in the mid 50's here for the whole weekend, we are on the coast so it is cold, damp rainy and miserable outside. Inside, the Jotul Oslo has things nice and warm and dry! Fired her up about 3:00, and I'm hoping for a long slow, low burn all weekend! The Oslo was installed last April, so I got a little time to burn her, but this is what I have been waiting for! Bring on 10 degree weather!!!!

There, I feel better now.

The draft isn't all I could hope but heavy damp 55 degree air probably isn't that conducive to a roaring draft, but there isn't any smoke rolling out when I open it, and it will do what I ask it to do, it just takes abit longer to respond. Bring on the cold, we are READY!

-Sheepdog

80 degrees here today. Doesn't look like I'll be burning til mid Oct. I'm jealous!

Todd said:
80 degrees here today. Doesn't look like I'll be burning til mid Oct. I'm jealous!

Boy....I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy burning, but I can wait.

Im burning and Im keeping the box hot with small fire to control the temps

Last year was my first to burn and I got an EARLY start. This year my wood is ready, my stove is ready, but it's getting up to 90 this weekend - so the weather isn't ready...And I don't mind waiting a few more weeks.

Once the bowels of winter hit , spring can never come to soon. :coolsmile: Enjoy your stove and reap the fruits of your labour. Lets hope all the veterans and old folk have a way to stay warm this winter too. Burn it if ya got it. Cheers.
N of 60

I love burning in my Summit but I am willing to wait it is only getting into the 50s at night and the back up in to the mid 70s low 80s during the day.
Look like next week might have to fire her up tho calling for 50s & 60s as the highs and lower 40s to upper 30s lows.

Uh, I rolled up a bunch of paper, threw some bark on top, then some chunks of oak, then a couple splits of boxelder, and lit it, yesterday morning. That took the temperature in the house from 69 degrees to 77 degrees.

I ain't touched it since :)

Have to confess that I've had the oil furnace on a few times in the past couple of weeks. Probably wouldn't have to use it but I have 250 gallons and it can't sit around indefinitely, so might as well enjoy it.

I gotta get my backside crackin' and finish up my wood cutting................

I started burning a fire a day last week as we had 2 frosts overnight. I usually wait until Oct to fire the baby up, but I woke up once too often with the house temp at 55 degrees and the furnace did kick in as it is also set at 55. I am spoiled already. Once I got a feel for that 70+ degree house temp...I liked it. Now I get cold at 65 degrees...I confess my wood stove has made me a weak man and don't I love it, cruising around in shorts and t shirt with no shoes or socks on. Got to be one of the finer things in life...Going Tropical while it's -10 below outside

Lit a nice fire last night as well. Was rainy and damp out and only 66F inside at 4:30pm. By 7:30pm it was up to a comfy 76F in the house and the secondary was rollin'! :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.