Who's done cutting till fall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The radar is always on as far as scrounging goes; I'm always adding to the woodpile for the future. I've been done for myself for this Winter since March 20th, have wood for myself for Winter '11, sold some and will be selling more, but always lookin' for wood.

When I'm done lookin' for wood they can start throwin' dirt on me....

Bigg_Redd said:
smokinjay said:
I have 5 trees to go 3 will be milled and 2 for firewood and the spring season is over...(also have 2 days of hard splitting of rounds to go)

I'm never done.

Ever.
me either 3 big trees too go now and a crap ton of milling and another 3-5 cords of round pile up just doesnt seen to end and if it gets close something will come up.

I am a new burner and this year will be my first with the new insert. I have 3 cords of split wood and maybe 1-1 1/2 of rounds and longer pieces that need to be cut up to length (kinda guessing on that amount). I think the 3 will be enough because I most likely will not be burning 24/7. I was just splitting some wood tonight that I'm hoping will be ready in January/February if necessary. Its mostly maple.
I am constantly on the lookout for free wood. I can't drive down the road without looking in backyards, frontyards, sideyards, whatever in hopes of spotting some free stuff. I don't intend to split over the summer, just too hot for me. I head outside now for an hour or so and split 30-40 rounds whenever I get the chance in the cool evening air.
Don't think I'll really ever be done splitting, but I feel comfortable with what I have, so the pressure is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.