1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Why do we call it "scrounging"?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Bigg_Redd, May 4, 2013.

1. geoff1969

geoff1969 Member

Loc:
    australia

got a nice load today a gum tree blow down about 14 months ago went a cut a coupple loads up today = about 3 cubic meters , i think thats about a cord to you blokes = i wont be burning it this year proberly maybe the very end of winter 2014 or start of winter 2015 .... ive now run out of room ..lol
    osagebow likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dyerkutn

dyerkutn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Boston NW suburbs
    appreciate the posts on this thread that express positive attitude towards those of us that cannot be scroungers and haorders but still very much want to heat with wood rather than oil--me included
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Redd just stirs the pot. >>
  4. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I just came in from running the splitter and saw to take a break. I often wonder why I just don't pick up the phone and have wood that is c/s dropped in the drive. The hours I put into this is completely insane. ;lol
  5. No, that just makes you a trash picker. :)
  6. Scols

Scols Member

Loc:
    Springs New York
    What would you expect from a guy who has a picture of a sweaty shirtless guy in his avatar;). I dont know why buying makes someone a lazy sucker. Not everyone has the necessary tools, vehicles, ability, time ,or location to make scrounging a viable option. But for many burning wood is a much better choice than the alternatives.
  7. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    What if you buy log length - are you a lazy, smart person? An industrious sucker? Cheers!
    Joful and Scols like this.
  8. Scols

Scols Member

Loc:
    Springs New York
    I love getting logs delivered. It saves me the hassle of getting heavy rounds into my truck and it alllows me to cut to my preffered length. Plus the tree guys appreciate being able to move on to the next job without having to go all the way back to their lot to dump the stuff when they are very busy.
  9. Seanm

Seanm Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE BC Canadian Rockies
    LOL! I was back there again the other day and this lady had a bunch of birch branches sticking out of her truck so I asked her if there were any rounds in the bed she was going to get rid of and she told me no it was just a few branches. I told her how good birch is for firewood around here and she had no idea. She said she didnt think her landlord would like it if she cut down the birch tree on his property. Happy mothers day to all you moms out there!
  10. oldspark

oldspark Guest

And smokes it.:p