Why I Use Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see pellets going up soon. Don't there dry the ground up wood in a furnace before there pressed? More then likely heated by propane or NG. Besides all the pellet producers are going to want a piece of the increases. The guy selling wood by the cord is going to want apiece to.

My only concern what if they started jacking prices of pellets up 40%, since everything else is going up!
That's how I felt when oil spiked. They jacked up the price of pellets for no reason.

But...there's a lot of competition now, and as I mentioned earlier....box stores probably sell more pellets than almost everyone else combined. They tend to keep the prices lower.

I think supply of sawdust is the biggest factor.

My only concern what if they started jacking prices of pellets up 40%, since everything else is going up!
If I plant two acres of corn I will be set plus.

Been going to steam thrashing shows for years and grew up on row crop farm. Not a hard issue at all. A kernel should easily crack when chewed. If it don't its to moist. Been burning straight corn since 2003.

That's how I felt when oil spiked. They jacked up the price of pellets for no reason.

But...there's a lot of competition now, and as I mentioned earlier....box stores probably sell more pellets than almost everyone else combined. They tend to keep the prices lower.

I think supply of sawdust is the biggest factor.

Theres a supply line. There still are oil power plants. Oil goes up gas prices go up, cost to deliver goes up. Cost of pellets then goes up. Nothing is for free..

Status
Not open for further replies.