1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Why is it so hard to get a mortgage on 85 acres??

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by mikeathens, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BucksCoBernie

BucksCoBernie New Member

I hear ya. I just checked available lots in my area and they appeared to be mostly 6% listings. Each market is unique....and if you can tell me where I can get 100 acres for $40k im all ears haha. a .25 acre lot around here goes for more than $40k in my area.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jdemaris

jdemaris New Member

Loc:
    Central New York State
    I passed up 100 acres of hardwoods last year for $10,000. It was legally landlocked, but in retrospect, I wish I'd of bought it.

I bought 35 acres six months ago just down the road from me. All fully wooded with ash and hard maple. Most very steep with about five acres suitable to build. Paid $18,000 cash for it. Town of Worcester, Otsego County, New York (inbetween the Catskills and Adirondacks).

Five years ago I bought 50 acres of heavy woods with some fields and two large beaver ponds in the town of Worth, Jefferson County, New York for $10,000.

Three years ago I bought 40 acres - half woods, half hay fields for $16,000. All in the town of Worcester, Otsego Co., New York. It adjoins the land my house is on.

Here are a few photos taken from those 40 acres (my back yard).

Attached Files:

3. BucksCoBernie

BucksCoBernie New Member

wow thats awesome. nice pics
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.