Wife is officially happy with insert!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iembalm4aLiving

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2008
N.E. Ohio
Tonight it is dipping into the 30's and the Osburn 2200 has been burning since about 1 pm....without trying too hard the downstairs is flirting with 80 degrees....my wife is loving the toasty warm house without the worry of an outrageous gas bill. I'm thrilled at the amount of heat produced by the small amount if wood burned....I only wish we had done this years ago......Without Hearth.com I don't think this could have happened. Thanks everyone! You're a fine bunch of enablers!!!!

Glad to hear another success story.
Now be prepared to have more dry seasoned wood than you think you need, the wife needs to stay warm.
Once you heat with wood, you know how much warmer it feels. Then your hooked.
Smaller gas bill is very nice too.

Awesome.

She can start posting!!!

Thats great! My wife loves ours too...as long as there is no evidence of its operation (ashes, bark, splinters.....). Just received my new LLBean log carrier so I can hide the next re-load behind the recliner....
Enjoy

Woo Hoo another satisfied customer !!!! Always good to hear that the better half is happy.

Shawn

My wife went from reluctantly indulging me to loving the warm house. I jokingly called our home "Megan's Sauna" as of late (I bet you can guess my wives name).

MarkinNC said:
My wife went from reluctantly indulging me to loving the warm house. I jokingly called our home "Megan's Sauna" as of late (I bet you can guess my wives name).

Um.... Sally ? No wait its Martha isn't it ?

Good to hear it's working out. Now you have to convince her to help you out with the firewood chores.

Todd said:
Good to hear it's working out. Now you have to convince her to help you out with the firewood chores.

Where do you take a course for this...?
md

Lighting Up said:
Todd said:

Where do you take a course for this...?
md

Well I blew out my back last winter, (not recommended but it worked) that got my wife very interested in getting wood from the shed to the house.
Now she helps every time we load the wood box.
Sometimes even helps unload the trailer when I bring a load of rounds in. Then is right up to the stove to warm up after we get it unloaded.
House alway feels warmer when everyone helps with the wood. :)

The only metric that matters! Great work!

In our house, it was the Wifes idea to get the insert as soon as we bought the place....I fought like heck, but momma gets, what momma wants.....best darn investment we ever made.....we laugh at the oil companies when we see the driver pull up, then pull away 3 minutes later dropping only 40 gallons after 4 months in the dead of winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.