1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wife would not let me leave the house today

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    They did outlaw it around here for a time as they did all baiting or feeding. They have eased up on that now.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. charly

charly Guest

Ahhhhhhhh,,,,, mother nature's wisdom!
  3. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    love the thread title, however my wife wont let me stay home;)
  4. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Maybe not always, but it's pretty hard to predict, IMO. Habituation is a huge issue- a few people in this thread are talking about it already. Grouping at feed also increases disease transmission, food dependence and other issues.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    For sure blindly feeding and not knowing what you are doing can have drastic effects and that is why most frown upon it and rightly so. Being raised around animals and knowing what can happen helps but today there are few who can say that.

Once again today we had a half dozen bed near the house. Wife had to go to town so when she backed the car out they left. Strange though because one day she was outside and the UPS man came. The deer laid there and looked all the time. He was amazed but no, he can not hunt here.
  6. Realstone

Realstone Lord of Fire

Loc:
    Southern ON
    With most of the wolves gone, the deer population has exploded.
  7. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    southcentral Ct
    Cool!! Look what we had hanging around all summer. racoons.jpg
  8. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Stanleyjohn, we have to declare war on those every summer too. It is amazing how many we have. To top it off, folks from the city or villages live trap them and turn them loose out in the country where, "they won't do any harm." Ha! Ever see a corn field after coons find it? One neighbor got rid of over 20 of them one summer and then his neighbor (renter) called him a couple afternoons later and said there were something like 24 of them in the yard right then. Way too many of them now and they are pests that can do a lot of damage.
  9. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    southcentral Ct
    Guess im a sucker for animals! They showed up one evening after my wife threw some bread into the yard!They started to come every evening after that for a few weeks till the bread ran out :).One evening it looked like a wildlife party going on outside! 5 racoons 1 fox, qnd 1 deer all eating the bread my wife thew out.Most of my veggee garden damage comes from,rabbits and chimpmunks.
  10. MishMouse

MishMouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Verndale, MN
    With all the deer around my house and the damage they due to the garden not to mention the number of deer car accidents in my area, add to that the limited deer hunt this year and the fact that MN now has a wolf hunt the deer population here is going to increase exp. That is until wasting disease wipes out most of them along with the cattle.
  11. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Don't think so.