WiFi thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
I am considering a wi fi thermostat to keep an eye on and control my stove when im not home. Right now I have a programmable thermostat and have been generally pleased with its performance. I still need to know how my heat is doing when im not home. Do you guys have any suggestions? would prefer it connect with an android phone..

Reactions: abrucerd
Hello

A few months ago I talked to the Enviro support tech. I called Sherwood Industries in British Columbia and talked to their parts guy Jory Eling.

He did say there is an entirely new control panel in the design stage that will be a vast improvement like having Wi-Fi so stay tuned for that one it will fit all Model stoves! ! !

I have an Avalon Astoria also and last time I spoke to their support tech Sean Hanley at Travis Industries there was no word on even 1 small change to their control panel.

They do have millivolt Internet T-Stats and I would assume they have iPhone or Droid apps now but have not checked lately. I would hope they have one with the Swing Setting since Astoria's only have Auto-On/Off mode for the T-Stat.

Does anyone know for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.