Will metal clamp help to stop light smoke?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingteto

Mar 16, 2014
CT
Hi All,
Just quick question. Regarding my pellet stove vent installation.. I smell light smoke and I see little smoke coming from the adapter pipe (1 pipe which is connected to the stove vent. see pic) .. can I put clamp to tight to the stove vent opening? I already put rtv but seems not enough , so is it safe/helpful to put that metal clamp they sell at homedepot ?
Thanks in advance..

Will metal clamp help to stop light smoke?

Hello
You must have a good mechanical connection before anything else will work! If that amount of Silicone does not work I would would brush it all off and check the connections and replace the pipe if needed. Also I prefer high temp foil tape.

Hello
You must have a good mechanical connection before anything else will work! If that amount of Silicone does not work I would would brush it all off and check the connections and replace the pipe if needed. Also I prefer high temp foil tape.

Thanks for your reply.. Foil tape 350F is good enough for pellet pipes? or it has to be more than 350F ?

You can also try mill pack if you want. It's rated to 1050 degrees. That does seem to be a good amount of RTV. Like Don said It'd re check the connection replace what is needed. Are you sure that is where the leak is at?

Reactions: kingteto
You can also try mill pack if you want. It's rated to 1050 degrees. That does seem to be a good amount of RTV. Like Don said It'd re check the connection replace what is needed. Are you sure that is where the leak is at?

Yes it's leaking from there because of the 90 degree elbow is hitting the stove shield so the adapter is not sitting even, but 95% is went inside.

Reactions: Owen1508
Yes it's leaking from there because of the 90 degree elbow is hitting the stove shield so the adapter is not sitting even, but 95% is went inside.

Correct this first or you'll be taping and rtving forever and a day along with not enjoying a smokey room.

Status
Not open for further replies.