Will someone deliver me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
some lignetic pellets. Oh my, my tractor supply store carries these. Last week they finally had some. I bought a few bags to try them, ($6.00/bag)and oh my..what a difference in my heat output. So much hotter. Of course now, they don't have any left. I really wanted to get some withe this cold weather here in NY,

so who wants to volunteer to deliver me some. :) :coolgrin:

I need to make sure I get to their early buy next season, that is for sure.

so I just went there and they had "Hardwood Heat" brand pellets. I asked them 4 times if they are comparable to lignetics and of course the said yes they are premium hardwood. I know someone here has talked about this brand but I couldn't remember the results...

So I guess I'll try and see. I believe my stove likes soft wood.

Chris,

Just curious, since you said your stove "likes softwood", were the Lignetics pellets you tried hardwood or softwood?

I ran about 15 bags of hardwood Lignetics through my stove back in Nov., and have the rest of the ton in reserve, and also picked up a ton of the softwood Lignetics from TSC in Oct., and have them in reserve too....trying to burn-up all the NEWP now, and save the Lignetics for the really cold weather (that we're about to get now).

macman said:
Chris,

Just curious, since you said your stove "likes softwood", were the Lignetics pellets you tried hardwood or softwood?

I ran about 15 bags of hardwood Lignetics through my stove back in Nov., and have the rest of the ton in reserve, and also picked up a ton of the softwood Lignetics from TSC in Oct., and have them in reserve too....trying to burn-up all the NEWP now, and save the Lignetics for the really cold weather (that we're about to get now).

I believe they were soft wood. They were the orange letter bagging and they felt soft. I had soft energex too that burned well. I didn't read the bag though but they felt and looked soft to me.

chrisasst said:
....I believe they were soft wood. They were the orange letter bagging and they felt soft. I had soft energex too that burned well. I didn't read the bag though but they felt and looked soft to me.

Yep, the orange lettering bags are softwood. I haven't burned any of those yet. Looking forward to trying them out.

So funny!

Come spring, I bet there will be a stampede of pellet pigs buying this brand up
and not sharing their sources with the others :lol:

Is it possible there was something wrong with the bags of Lignetics I bought? I ran a couple of bags through and was not at all impressed. Actually, I thought they were almost as bad as Athens and Athens are the worst I have used.

Just wondering.

silvermander said:
Is it possible there was something wrong with the bags of Lignetics I bought? I ran a couple of bags through and was not at all impressed. Actually, I thought they were almost as bad as Athens and Athens are the worst I have used.

Just wondering.

Something was not right...either the pellets were bad, or the stove wasn't right...they are the BEST pellets I have burned, and I'm sure if you do a search on this forum, you'll see VERY good reviews of them.

What kind of stove? Was it CLEAN?

macman said:
silvermander said:

Just wondering.

Something was not right...either the pellets were bad, or the stove wasn't right...they are the BEST pellets I have burned, and I'm sure if you do a search on this forum, you'll see VERY good reviews of them.

What kind of stove? Was it CLEAN?

The lignetics are the best by far!!. I even bathe with some i like them so much... The wife likes em too (she likes the hard wood ones ;-) )

I even bathe with some i like them so much…

omg...too funny.i bet it sucks when they get where they dont belong!!! LOL, looks like ALOT of big mouse poops floatin in the tubby,huh?

The stove was clean.

We have a Napoleon NPI40 and are still learning about it. We're new to the whole pellet thing this year and are experimenting with all sorts of different kinds of pellets. I was sent here and was so excited when I found a place with Lignetics as I know people here love them.

I put them in and was not at all happy. They were not as bad as Athens that had me cleaning the stove daily, but no where near as great as the Pennington I have in it right now.

That's why I was wondering if there might have been something wrong with them. Everyone here seems to love Lignetics, but it was not great for me.

chrisasst said:
macman said:
Chris,

I believe they were soft wood. They were the orange letter bagging and they felt soft. I had soft energex too that burned well. I didn't read the bag though but they felt and looked soft to me.

hmm, upon further review, I had the green and yellow bag. Which I guess is hardwood if the orange bag is soft wood.????

pellets.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.