Will this work for a log splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
A friend of mine gave me this cylinder, not knowing what it came off of, (left in the barn when farm was bought).
The male part of the shaft is 1 1/2" diameter. The female part of the shaft is 17" long and 2 3/8" diameter.
Any of you guys know the best use for this item. My thoughts are its too small for a log splitter that I would like to build.

Attachments

• hydraul cyl.jpg
    hydraul cyl.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 396
That is the same size that is on my little splitter. Not super powerful but that thing has split a lot of wood.

Might be ok for a small, 18" electric splitter (Don't know your plans) or could be a good item to build a log lift! Looks like a keeper to me.

MasterMech said:
Might be ok for a small, 18" electric splitter (Don't know your plans)

That is how mine is setup.

Attachments

• Muira and Abe's Baby.jpg
    Muira and Abe's Baby.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 295
Status
Not open for further replies.