1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Will this work?

Post in 'The Gear' started by RoosterBoy, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoosterBoy

RoosterBoy New Member

Loc:
    CT
    hi i just got another big load of log's that i will be cutting up this winter for next years firewood.
    last time i cut i used 2x4's to wedge the logs off the ground and it was a real big pain moving the logs around and getting 2x4's under.

this time i want to order a Kant hook. and was wondering if anyone has used them for cutting firewood. and getting the logs off the ground for cutting Even if it just rolled the logs so i can make my cuts then use this tool to roll the logs to make the next cut's. if you guys think this will be worth getting i will buy one tomorrow.

thanks
    Jason

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. suematteva

suematteva New Member

Loc:
    Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
    Rooster Cogburn,

Where my chainsaw goes, the cantook goes with me, pulp hook and a plastic wedge or two...My cantook does not have the jackstand on like the one in the picture...You may be able to fit a 2x4 under...Maybe you already do this?? If they deliver the logs with a loader have them put two down as stringers and the rest across..you can move them pretty easily..out of the mud and snow....be careful and patient when working on this pile.... THe cantook is very useful..sometimes if you pinch the chain or bar the leverage and hook can be the difference..easy to turn the logs...great tools.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.