Will this work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoosterBoy

Jul 5, 2006
CT
hi i just got another big load of log's that i will be cutting up this winter for next years firewood.
last time i cut i used 2x4's to wedge the logs off the ground and it was a real big pain moving the logs around and getting 2x4's under.

this time i want to order a Kant hook. and was wondering if anyone has used them for cutting firewood. and getting the logs off the ground for cutting Even if it just rolled the logs so i can make my cuts then use this tool to roll the logs to make the next cut's. if you guys think this will be worth getting i will buy one tomorrow.

thanks
Jason

Attachments

• kanthook.jpg
    kanthook.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 460
Rooster Cogburn,

Where my chainsaw goes, the cantook goes with me, pulp hook and a plastic wedge or two...My cantook does not have the jackstand on like the one in the picture...You may be able to fit a 2x4 under...Maybe you already do this?? If they deliver the logs with a loader have them put two down as stringers and the rest across..you can move them pretty easily..out of the mud and snow....be careful and patient when working on this pile.... THe cantook is very useful..sometimes if you pinch the chain or bar the leverage and hook can be the difference..easy to turn the logs...great tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.