Winslow PI 40 double ignition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlobitz

Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2008
Nor Cal
I've had my PI40 since 2003. Replaced the control board in 2009. Recently the stove will go through the ignition sequence twice when it fires up regardless of it turning on by thermomstat or button push. FYI, not sure if this is related, but I also had to Dremel out the bracket that holds the burnpot as well as shift it 1/4 of an inch to the right. This has greatly increased the chance of it igniting(basically 100% now.) Not sure why it is going through the ignition sequence twice. I have cleaned all of the sensors on the stove, especially the proof of fire on the combustion fan. Any thoughts on why it may be doing this other than the control board being wonky? Not going to spend $400 on another one of the those if I can help it. Ignitor was replace in 2010 so it should be good for another year or two.

Also, the blower fan will come on during the first ignition and stay on through the second ignition on low. Then, it will go up to level 4, which is what I have it set on, and move on normally until thermostat temperature is reached.

Control board as it is the only thing that starts the ignition sequence. Now it is possible that the little places you push are out of alignment with the actual buttons but that wouldn't account for the double up on the t-stat ignitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.