Winslow pi40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Hi everyone, new to burning and purchased this pellet insert in November. My wife and I love this stove and we purchased it from a dealer down the street from my house. The dealer has been selling lennox/now ihp for almost 30 years. He did a great job on installation and I have had no issues with the stove. My main reason for going with this stove was the dealer support, which is literally down the street from my house. I wanted to ask some veterans that have been burning for a while what their thoughts were about this stove. I know this is primarily a harman crowd, however not many posts on my particular unit. Is this not viewed as a great stove or is it that lennox sold off to ihp the reason why this stove is overlooked? Thank you I am new to forum as well.

JRA, maybe you have to post a pic of that stove so you can show us what a great stove it is. ;lol Sib to you Winslow is the Whitfield that was also sold by Lennox - seems to be a few of those around. Unfortunately, they have been discontinued.

As long as you're happy with it that is what matters!

th.jpeg 'll

It's all black no trim. Surprised not many out there.

As you said in your original post, there are a lot of Harman stove owners on here, but there is also a lot of people on here that are not, like myself. Harman are very nice stove's, I have checked them out in the past. The problem I have with it is, that they are so darn expensive. Are they worth the money??? How I see it is, I now own a USSC stove and I hope it last just as my Englander did. I had a Englander for 8 years, but sold it to my brother in-law to buy this one. He is using it now and is very happy with it. But with that said, I bought it new for 1/4 of the cost of a Harman. Yes it was more work to keep it running efficient, like a Harman stove, but at a 1/4 the cost for 8 years, I could have bought one every 8 years for 32 years, before I would have spent what a Harman cost. Tell me, how many Harman's are on here that are 32 years old, I bet not many, if any.

The first stand alone pellet stove was the WP1, Whitfield,1983. So the Harman pellet stove would have been a twinkling of a coal stove probably to be over thirty:)

Status
Not open for further replies.